|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
There are roughly 100 calories in a one tablespoon serving of almond butter. Whole Foods (which sells a good and cheap house brand of Almond Butter) defines a serving as two tablespoons, which contain 190 calories.
Almond Butter is considered "high in fat" and something to be avoided when defined by people like Weight Watchers. It is low in fiber, not too much protein.
However, research has shown that higher nut consumption is associated with lower body mass as well as reduced risk of heart disease.
Almonds are a big part of the Mediterranean Diet, which has been associated with dramatically lower heart disease. What is interesting is that olive and almond fat are a big part of this diet, yet people are thinner and live longer on it!
Almond Butter (despite the calories and fat) makes an excellent flavoring and thickener. Our Asian Fusion Chicken Salad features a small amount of Almond Butter which helps draw out the overall flavor of the recipe:
last edit by
4/4/2011 4:37:49 PM
Nut and Seed Products
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!