Creamy Cauliflower Soup
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
I just made up this recipe last night. You could use the entire acorn squash (I'd already eaten half of it as an appetizer)--the soup would just taste a little sweeter. This is a perfect fall soup--hearty, thick, satisfying. Only problem is the sodium if you're watching that (maybe try one of the reduced-sodium soups instead).
1 large head of cauliflower (6-7" diameter)
1 large zucchini squash
1 can of lowfat cream of mushroom soup
1/2 acorn squash
Steam cauliflower until very soft. Microwave acorn squash until also very soft. Scoop out and add, along with soup, to cauliflower. Puree together using stick blender.
Cook minced zucchini in some water until translucent. Add to cauliflower mixture. Stir, and season to taste with pepper. Enjoy!
last edit by
10/17/2006 7:04:40 AM
Best Of PT Wiki
Good source of fiber
Loads of vitamins
Low Point Food
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!