Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Top 5 Beauty Products
What are your top 5 favourite beauty products? What would you recommend highly to others?
Tue. Feb 5, 11:00am
My Top 5 ...
1) Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer
Step 3 of the their cleansing routine, this moisturizer is silky, REALLY does melt right into your skin without an iota of residue, has a neutral smell (no perfumes), is hypoallergenic, and makes my skin very soft.
2) Lancôme's Définicils mascara (Waterproof) in black
This mascara makes my lashes clump-free, long, flirty, thicker, and has a beautiful colour. Plus, I prefer the waterproof for the winter, when the cold makes my eyes tear up, and in the summer, when I sweat.
3) Avon's Nurtura Replenishing Cream
This is a rich cream that I use on my face before going to bed...you wake up with baby soft skin in the morning. Plus, the smell is out of this world....like candy.
4) Lush's Lemony Flutter (cuticle butter)
You can never beat organically made, natural products. This cream makes my cuticles and nails beautiful and strong, and the smell is lemony great. I use it twice a day usually.
5) Lush's Karma Cream (moisturizing cream)
This cream is downright sinful. The smell is beautiful...I don't even know how to describe it...but you will be hooked. Lush (the store) has all kinds of Karma products, like this cream, a perfume, a body powder (I believe), ...and some other product... but the cream is full of yummy, natural products, and make my skin really soft...I especially love it after taking a bath or coming out of the shower.
I hope this helps!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008, 11:59 AM
Products I Love
1. Glimmersticks lip liner from Avon in Perfect Plum. Will go with just about any lipstick, stays on well, and really defines your lips. Doesn't bleed at all.
2. Smashbox Photofinish gel. You put it on under your makeup and it makes your face feel smooth and luscious. Makeup stays on much better and lasts longer in the day. Skin also feels generally smoother over time, even when bare.
3. Stick-on nail colour from Avon. Comes in colours, and in three French manicure shades. Goes on in a flash, protects your nails, and lasts well over a week. Use Genie nail polish remover for gel nails to remove, though.
4. Maybelline mousse foundation. Goes on creamy and has really good coverage. Keeps your face from looking shiny. Also comes in lots of shades so it is fairly easy to match to your skin tone.
5. Perfect 10 hair colour. Just new out, but it really only takes 10 minutes to do (15 minutes for colour-resistant grey).
Tuesday, February 05, 2008, 1:52 PM
All by Nutri-Metics: Specific Care moisture balance lotion, Restore Eye Creme, Nutri-Rich oil, Active Body moisturizer (I never have dry skin in Winnipeg Winter despite being a swimmer).
And for hair, Physique curling gel. Soooo bitter it was discontinued. Best stuff ever for my curly/wavy hair...
Tuesday, February 05, 2008, 2:47 PM
1. MAC Studio Fix pressed powder - amazing stuff. This is the finest, smoothest powder I've ever used. No foundation necessary. Use by itself for everyday or over some tinted moisturizer for a flawless finish.
2. Clinique Supder Defense Moisturizer - SPF 30. I second the recommendation of the previous poster. This stuff literally disappears into your skin and gives you a wonderful smooth base for makeup application. I have greasy, sensitive skin which is easily aggravated by most moisturizers. This has helped regulate oil production which was a shocker to me - I started using it because I was getting more active and wanted the SPF protection. Now I couldn't live without it. My skin has really cleared up and evened up and I believe daily use of this product is one of the big reasons why.
3. Dianne Brill Lip Longerie - it's the most lucious lip gloss ever. Contains lots of conditioners and vitamins and leaves lips silky smooth. Better than chapstick, long-lasting as lipstick and love the colors.
4. Prestige eye shadows - love the individual metallic colors and to my surprise they wore and wore and wore. Very little creasing and stayed on all day.
5. Physician's Formula - blusher/brozer/eye shadow metallic strips. It's kinda hard to describe but PP has this compact that consists of varying shades of gold-to-copper colored powder that you can use as a bronzer (I use for blush) or eye shadow. Either pick one shade or swipe your brush across for a mixture. Love the las Vegas one! It really give my face a subtle, healthy glow without 2 obvious pink stripes on my cheeckbones. Doesn't have the greatest staying power as eyeshadow though, but great for an evening.
Honorable Mention: Clinique's Angel Red lipstick which is the most perfect, flattering red for us ivory-skinned types (aka: deathly pallor). Makes your skin look warm not corpse-like :-)
Tuesday, February 05, 2008, 5:23 PM
Philosophy's Makeup Option Skin Care, it a 5 part system but I don't use the cleanser. Instead I use DHC oil free makeup remover and their cleanser. Awesome stuff. Been using it for 2 years now and my face has never looked so good. Its flawless and I always get asked what I use.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008, 5:52 PM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?