Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Hey, you know I really like this site and it has been really great, I have lost 50 pounds in less than a year and gotten some truly great encouragement from everyone, but not I am seriously lean and mean and fit and I think I have...well... "outgrown" PT... ha ha
but still though it was a lot of fun and really much more helpful than I ever even imagined it would be... thanks to all (except the haters)
see you at bodybuilding.com...
Tue. May 20, 8:01pm
50 lbs! That's great -- congratulations!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 8:54 PM
impressive. what were some of the things you did to lose the weight and what lessons can you share with us?
Thanks and congratulations,
Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 8:59 PM
You know PT really did help me a lot when I wanted to binge or needed ideas or just wanted to vent / pass something by someone. And overall the best thing was just being able to tell the world, "This is my plan, this is what I am doing, somebody tell me to stick to it!" So PT was a big help to lose the weight.
My top tips:
1. Diet habit - I have a REALLY hard time eating right so I started eating the same healthy things most meals every day and then BIG variety for dinner.
2. Eating frequent small meals
3. I work out 5 days a week so it is a REAL habit, get up, go to the gym, like sleepwalking.
4. I mixed high intensity cardio and high intensity comprehensive weight lifting in each of my 10 per week exercise sessions and although I had a lot of complexity and variety, the plan was very concrete and doable
5. I finally found that everyone who ways, "why diet hungry...take this pill..." is LYING, to lose weight you will be a little bit hungry and that is okay.
6. I identified my biggest diet weaknesses (weekends / social eating...) and attacked them with a plan and willpower! !
7. Having a concrete and doable goal with a deadline is key !
8. Be patient.
9. Get support from your loved ones
10. ... and PT too, of course because to do something hard you need community.
Thanks Habib, you've got a great thing going here !
Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 9:25 PM
I love reading posts like this...really inspiring. Congratulations OP!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 8:17 AM
Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 8:57 AM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?
©2017 PEERtrainer, Inc.