Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Garden-Style Lasagna - YUM!
Recipe of the Week - Dinner
A note from Star: instead of the cottage cheese I used 1/3 fat cream cheese, and I mixed in a little of the fat free mozzerella with the regular mozzerella. I also did not put in carrots, and added some cauliflower. And since I don't like onions, those were left out as well. Anyway this was awesome!
Garden-Style Lasagna - From Cooking Light
Vegetable Lasagna is a crowd pleaser and a classic make-ahead dish. You can use precut onions, matchstick-cut carrots and broccoli, in addition to precooked noodles, to speed up preparation. If you make it ahead, let it cool completely and then cover and chill. The next day, heat single servings in the microwave. Freeze leftovers for quick lunches or dinners.
2 cups chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped yellow squash
2 cups thinly sliced carrot
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups 1% milk
1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dash of nutmeg
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
2 cups preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
12 precooked lasagna noodles, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan and saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic, saute 1 minute. Spoon onion mixture into a large bowl.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add Zucchini and yellow squash and saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add to onion mixture.
4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced carrots, saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add chopped broccoli, saute 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to onion mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, toss to combine well.
5. Place flour in a medium sauepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook two minutes stirring constantly or until thick. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup parmesean, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir until smooth then add in the spinach.
6. Combine cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzerella, stir well. Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture on bottom of 13X9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Arrange four noodles over spinach mixture in dish and top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of vegetable mizture and 1 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining spinach mixture over noodles and then sprinkle with remaing 1/2 cup parmesaen and 1/2 cup mozzerella.
7. Cover and bake at 375º for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and begining to brown. Let staqnd 10 minutes. Servings: 12
Calories: 272 FAT 8.3g PROTEIN: 18.5g CARB 31.2g FIBER 3.6g
Wed. Mar 8, 1:39pm
That sounds delicious!
I'll be trying that one soon.
Thursday, March 09, 2006, 7:18 AM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?