Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Anyone out there walking the 3-Day walk? We'd like to add a couple people to our group!
Tue. May 9, 6:54am
Bumping up this thread!!
I KNOW we must have more than 2 3-Day walkers here in PT land!
Please come and join our team! ;-)
Wednesday, May 10, 2006, 7:08 AM
Thursday, May 11, 2006, 1:53 AM
bumping up again!
Friday, May 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
ARe there no other Breast Cancer 3-Day walkers out there?
Sunday, May 14, 2006, 11:58 AM
I've never heard of it. Is it a program with the breast cancer society?
Sunday, May 14, 2006, 12:16 PM
My Experience with the Breast Cancer 3-Day
Yes, it's the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk.
Each walker has to raise at least $2,200 to participate and we walk 60 miles in 3 days. :-)
I believe there are 12 cities doing it this year.
I'm doing my 2nd walk (I did my first one last year)...It's in Michigan in August.
When I signed up for the walk, I decided to walk for several reasons.
1) My best friend's mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Although it was scary, she was one of the lucky women to have survived it without much trauma--her doctor was dilligent and saw a tiny mass on her mammogram. She had it removed, had some radiation treatments and was given pretty much a clean bill of health afterwards. She hopes that some day all women can be as lucky as she was and can conquer the disease as early as possible.
2) My Hubby's grandma was a many year survivor of Breast Cancer. From what I understand, she had a lumpectomy many years ago and she lived to be almost 96 years old! (She died last summer of old age.)
3) I thought it would be a great motivator for my own personal health and well-being.
4) Luckily for me, no one in my family has had breast cancer. However, I've had 3 grandparents pass away of different types of cancers.
5) I thought it would be a great way to challenge myself to do something that I never imagined I could do (walk 60 miles in 3 days). This year, I'm challenging myself to walk at least 600 miles by August 11th, however, I think I may actually surpass this number once I am off for summer vacation and can put more time into my training.
If anyone on PT has any interest in doing the 3-Day, I would recommend it as a personal challenge and an awesome way to walk yourself to good health. It is one of the most incredible things to do--I had never felt so excited and uplifted as I did over the 3 days of the walk. I met women (and some men!) in all ages, health, sizes, shapes, ethnicities, including women and men currently going through Breast Cancer--Each person walking for a different reason. On my team, My teammates ranged in age from 19 to the 50s. My team last year raised about $28,000 towards Breast Cancer research. This year, I hope to raise at least $30,000 with my team (8 people).
If you have always wanted to try an endurance sport or event, This is one I'd strongly recommend because of the great amount of positive energy I received during the walk from the crew and the other walkers. Everyone, slow or fast felt loved and appreciated, and it was almost embarrassing to receive so many thank yous from people on the streets as we walked for an important cause!!
I hope that others on PT who may be training for the 3-Day walk will join my little group. :-) I'm sure there must be at least a few of us on this site!
Check out my PT log and you'll see a link for the 3-Day. :-)
Here's the link for the website: www.the3day.org
I've also got a link for my own walker's page as well, for anyone interested in donating to my walk or seeing my progress in terms of training! :-)
Sunday, May 14, 2006, 1:11 PM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?