Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Funny things that go hand in hand with taking better care of yourself . . .
Since we all know the benefits of working out/eating better-look better, feel better, be healthier, stronger, increased self esteem, increased life expectancy etc., I thought it would be funny to share some of the funniest/worst parts about these healthy habits. I'll start . . and I know you all have more to add!!
1) The incredible amount of gas you now produce thanks to all the veggies and high fiber grains you have been consuming and it seems to only show up when you are in public or in bed with your significant other!
2) When you go to the market on your way home from the gym, you pretend no one is looking at the sweat ring on the seat of your pants which encourages you even more to pick up only healthy items!
3) Boob sweat (enought said).
4)Forget your boobs, my vagina sweats too?????
5) Increased sex drive, but too sore to do anything about it.
6) You start refering to the relationship you have with "Gym", being your most successful so far. People start asking you if they can meet "him" and you give them a guest pass to your club. They walk away confused.
7) You have been on so many diets, and so many exercise programs, and tried so many different "tricks" to eat better, that you think a University somewhere should give out an honorary Nutrition or Sports Medicine degree to you. You're so serious you start filling out applications and writing an essay. You're still waiting for your acceptance letter.
ADD MORE OF YOUR OWN!!!!!
Thu. May 18, 1:17pm
Some mornings, even the DOG is too tired to go out for a run (especially in the rain), but I plug through anyway in the name of health.
Working out with a friend who doesn't use deoderant... motivational, but stinky.
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 1:45 PM
oh my gosh. I thought I was the only who sweats in her personal area (ok vaginal area) Because of my weight......and I don't mean moist, I can feel sweat running down my legs and my rear end. It's gross.
Am I really not alone in this?
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 1:46 PM
8. You become a lean mean washin' machine (litterally I have 3x more laundry!)
9. Keep missing the odd items I need that are in the 'middle' of the grocery store cause I don't wander down those aisles anymore.
10. ohhhh the new positions I can hold in bed ;-)
11. I don't let others roll over me - I don't need to prove anything, but I won't lie down and take it either. I can kick butt in the gym and I can kick it in the rest of my life as well!
12. Start comparing my (kitchen) knife collection to my sword-collecting roomates - mine are sharper and better balanced :D
13. 2 large cutting boards are barely sufficient!
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 1:47 PM
memorizing the calorie content of restaurant chain menus, and then informing a friend that the dessert he has just eaten has 1800 calories.
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 1:48 PM
Great topic!! haha! i needed a laugh!!!
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 3:49 PM
My husband gave me a magnet for the fridge that says "I can kick your butt without even smearing my eyeliner"!
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 7:31 PM
A lot more laundry!
How about wearing your pants that are now too big so you add a belt, but they still hang below your crotch, because you refuse to buy new clothes until your lose all your weight.
Thursday, May 18, 2006, 9:36 PM
The tailor in my building always does something a little bit odd when she alters my clothes - the skirt I'm wearing today, for example... She took it in about 4", and the shape looks great. Except... it used to have POCKETS!!! Yeah, she took it in right up the side seams, ignoring the pockets completely! Now there are just 1" slits on each side, but, it's perfect for clipping my badge for work!
Haha, I really need to find a better tailor!!! She's just so convenient... And funny!
Friday, May 19, 2006, 11:07 AM
To the #8 Laundry poster - I used to do tons of laundry too - the laundromat attendant got shocked when I said it was a laundry for 2 persons!
But I learned this trick from my bf (I used to frown upon it and make fun of him for doing that - one word 'MEN!'), but I do it all the time: after workout I take shower w/ my clothes on or throw my clothes in to the tub and let all my soap and water run on the clothes. after finish showering, just lather soap on the clothes and rinse. Let air dry (I don't even bother wringing sometimes). Works best w/ synthetic quick dry fabrics. Cotton is tough 1) to get it clean 2) heavy 3) hard to try and ruins easily. high-tech materials last longer not to mention feel better during exercise...
Friday, May 19, 2006, 11:08 AM
just wanted to add that eventually after couple of shower hand washes, I do throw them into the wash machine.
Friday, May 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
laundry in the shower
I'm glad i'm not the only one. mainly do this w/ my bras, but have done it w/ other items occassionally. Everybody wonders why I have dish detergent in my shower (it works similar to wool lite).
i sweat in my private areas as well, and have the wonderful amount of gas that "pretty" girls shouldn't have, as well as, the need to urinate every hour (it seems)
Friday, May 19, 2006, 1:08 PM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?