Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
Any good high-protein cereals out there?
I have been searching for a great-tasting, high-protein cereal. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thu. Jul 19, 12:03pm
Try Nature's Path. they have a website you can google it. They also have them at Wholefoods. They have a good variety. The store can barely keep them on the shelf.
Thursday, July 19, 2007, 2:20 PM
I mix dry oatmeal with 7 grain (hot cereal)
After cooking I mix 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and
1/8 cup sugar free maple syrup its really good, at least
I like it.
Thursday, July 19, 2007, 4:52 PM
Any of the Kashi types (the Crunch version tastes best, but costs a few more calories)
The Optimum cereals (Slim, Zen, and something else I can't remember)
Thursday, July 19, 2007, 6:05 PM
The Optimum cereals mentioned by 6:05PM is by the brand Natures Path recommended b 2:20. see link below.
Friday, July 20, 2007, 7:53 AM
I like Special K Protein Plus. I think it tastes good with just some soymilk, but I also add a lot of fruit.
Friday, July 20, 2007, 8:05 AM
A method of preparing a protein rich product useful for human consumption from a cereal germ which comprises the steps of pressing said germ by means of a screw press whereby the cells of said germ are thereby ruptured, freeing the protein particles from the germ cell fragments by slurrying said ruptured germ in an aliphatic solvent,
and agitating said slurry, centrifuging said slurry to produce a lighter protein rich fraction of reduced fiber content suspended in said aliphatic solvent and a heavier protein lean fiber germ residue fraction, and separating said protein rich fraction from the aliphatic solvent.
2. A method of preparing a protein rich produce useful for human consumption from a cereal germ which comprises the steps of dry grinding said germ in order to rupture the cells of the germ, making a slurry of said ruptured germ in hexane solvent and agitating said slurry in order to free the protein particles from the germ cell fragments and produce a total mixture of hexane, germ oil and ruptured germ solids,
centrifuging said mixture to produce a lighter faction of hexane, germ oil and protein rich germ solids, stripping off the hexane from said mixture, and filtering out said protein rich solids from said germ oil.
3. A method for preparing a protein rich product useful for human consumption from a cereal germ comprising the steps of 1 rupturing the cells of a cereal germ, 2 forming a liquid slurry of the ruptured cereal germ cells, 3 abrading said ruptured germs in the slurry to free the protein particles from the germ cell fragments, and separating out from the slurry a protein rich germ fraction of reduced fiber content from a protein lean fibrous germ residue fraction.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the slurry is an aqueous slurry.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein the liquid of the liquid slurry is a non-polar solvent.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein the protein rich germ fraction of reduced fiber content is separated from the protein lean fibrous germ residue fraction by passing the liquid slurry through a,
screen having openings of a size sufficient to allow the smaller protein rich fraction to pass through and to retain the larger protein lean fibrous fraction.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein the cereal germ is corn germ.
8. The method of claim 3 wherein the cereal germ is grain sorghum germ.
9. The method of claim 3 wherein the ruptured germ is abraded by means of an attrition mill.
Wednesday, September 02, 2009, 5:46 AM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?