Get motivated: Exercise and no sugar will make me stronger. At least do it for that reason.
- Exercise (via running or gym) most days of the week.
- Pile the vegetables.
- Limited sugar and flour intake.
- Sleep for at least 7 hours per night.
Treat your body with respect to be healthy and happy. And maintain a sense of balance.
If you want a pick-me-up: http://calmingmanatee.com/
Weight goal to start 2013 - pounds in the 130's (reward @ 130: tattoo). Please?
I started something, if you feel like reading: http://mybuddytomorrow.wordpress.com/
My 21-Day Sugar Detox: December 26th - January 16th (Round 2!)
Yes - all meat and fish, eggs, vegetables, fats and oils, coffee and tea, coconut/nut milks
Limit - beets, butternut squash and pumpkin (1 cup), coconut juice/water and kombucha (8 oz), green-tipped banana and green apple (1), nuts/seeds and butters (1 serving)
No - refined sugars, all grains and beans, refined carbohydrates, peanuts and cashews, juice, rice/oat milks, soda, soy, bottled dressing, gum, corn, sweet potatoes/yams, white potatoes, winter squash (acorn, delicata, kabocha), pretty much all fruit, all dairy, alcohol
Day 4: 21-Day Sugar Detox (redo)
am: 15-minute walk to bus stop
pm: 15-minute wandering for food
10:15am: 1 baked chicken sausage + omelet: 1 egg, red onion, tomato, baby greens, kalamata olives (all cooked w. coconut oil)
11:45pm: 1/2 cup black coffee + 4-5 spoons coconut milk
12:15pm: 3 spoons unsweetened coconut flakes + cardamom/cinnamon, more black coffee
- Stress eating. Well, my stress eating foods have changed through the months.
2pm: big bowl oxtail/spaghetti squash/egg soup
4:15pm: 3 rainbow adult carrots + <1/2 small avocado
5:15pm: Starbucks: 2 little pieces grilled chicken, cucumber sticks, tomatoes
- I was STARVING.
6:15pm: Work Holiday Gathering: olives, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, shrimp, salad (w. balsamic dressing + chicken), A LOT of salami
- I avoided the many cheeses, little pastry desserts, bread, phyllo dough spinach triangles + wine. But sodium overload. Seriously.
10:15pm: @ home: lots of unsweetened coconut flakes, cinnamon, curry powder + 1 square unsweetened chocolate
3/4 avocado, more salami, 3 pieces anchovies + roasted red pepper
couple spoons almond butter
- I think I was snacky because my work gathering didn't have food-food. I really should have just eaten a small plate of "food-food" instead of continuing my snacking streak.
11:30pm: couple spoons coconut butter
- I don't even know...