I want to consistently follow the great food plan that I have developed over the years. I have reached my goal many times. However, I have never been able to keep off the weight indefinitely. I frequently struggle with Maintenance. I have recently regained about 12 pounds, and need support to stay away from that first bite of snacks/trigger foods which get me started on a food binge!
Revised Jan 20, 2013: MY NEW CHALLENGE:
1) FOLLOW CHEAT SYSTEM
2) STRENUOUSLY AVOID 12 C's: Cake, Cookies, Candy, Crackers (except the ones I deem healthy),Chips, Cheese, Cereal after bkfst, Cereal with sugar, ice Cream , eating in Car, sugar by itself (C&H), Cashews or other nuts
3) Three meals a day, nothing in between except fruits, vegetables, or other healthy foods to be determined
4) LOG EVERY DAY
5) WEIGH at least once a week and log weight
6) Try to WALK AT LEAST 30 MINS.4 or more days a week as sciatic pain allows
I'm inserting this weight here on 1/6/12 because although I weighed this amount last August, I was ashamed to tell anyone:
August 2011 - 138.5
10/29/11 - 135
11/17/11 - 136
12/14/11 - 134.5
1/1/12 - 131.5
1/5/12 - 130.5
1/18/12 - 129
1/27/12 - 128
2/28/12 - 127
6/18/12 - 125 (goal!)
7/15/12 - 126.5
8/27/12 - 126.8
1/19/13 - 125.3
I am a 72 (almost 73)-yr-old retired child development specialist. Since retirement I have been a docent coordinator for a popular children's garden, part of a botanical garden. I do a story time for preschoolers once a week. I have 2 granddaughters ages 9 and 12 who live 3,000 miles away, and two grandsons ages 6 years and 2 years living 3 miles away whom I babysit 3 days a week. I'm busy and active and enjoying life.
|Diets I like:
I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and have also attended Overeaters Anonymous meetings. Good nutrition and the freedom to develop my own food plan are important to me. I tried Jenny Craig for a while and liked the personal support, but I prefer to plan and prepare my own meals.
|Workout of choice:
I walked 2 to 4 miles, 5 or 6 days a week, until recent back surgery plus pain in one knee which will soon be corrected. I do 2 hrs. of exercises each day for arthritis and back problems. I'm hoping to start doing my long walks again soon!
1) I try to eat 3 moderate meals a day with only fruits, vegetables. or nonfat yogurt in between. No second helpings.
2) BREAKFAST: Bran flakes (1 1/2cups) and nonfat milk
3) LUNCH: Everything on one plate; must include one
vegetable and one fruit. No carbonated
drinks. No getting up for more food.
4) DINNER: Moderate portions, must include several
servings of vegetables.
5) DESSERT: fruiy
6) SNACKS: Fruits, vegetables, or nonfat yogurt. As many
veggies as I want, any time.
7) NO TRIGGER FOODS: "THE 7 C's" (which have now
expanded to "THE 11 C's"
These are foods which almost always set me off
on a "food binge."
8) THE 11 C's I CANNOT EAT ARE:
Cake, candy, cookies, chips, crackers,
ice cream, (cream starts with C), popcorn (C for
corn), sugar (C for C&H sugar) plain, out of a
spoon, cereal after breakfast, cheese (when not part of
a meal) and no NUTS (when not part of a meal; not a C word, I know)
NOTHINGFROM MY LIST OF "TRIGGER FOODS"
WHICH I CALL THE "7 C'S although they have now
expanded to "10 C's and an N"
|I need the most help with:
I NEED SUPPORT, ENCOURAGEMENT, AND ACCOUNTABILITY! I NEED SOMEONE TO REPORT TO ON A REGULAR BASIS!
I am definitely a "food addict!" If I can stay away from my trigger foods, "The 11 C's," I am fine! But once I allow myself one bite of any of those foods, I stop thinking rationally and eat more and more of all the foods I should not eat. Once I start, it's really hard to stop. I tell myself every day that tomorrow I'll get back to my food plan, but when the next day comes, I tell myself I'll start tomorrow!
June 4, 2012: I AM CHALLENGING MYSELF TO;
1. Stick to the CHEAT SYSTEM
2. Do not eat ANY of the 11 C's listed above:
Candy, Cookies, Cake, Crackers (except AKMak with
lunch), Chips, Cereal after bkfst, Cereal with sugar,
ice Cream, sugar by itself (C&H), eating in Car,
3. Log every day!
4. Beginning June 10th: Weigh every day!