Click Here To Go Back To The PEERtrainer Weight Loss Guide
The Three Bite Rule
Enjoy Dessert As A Reward For Healthy Eating Habits
By Jackie Wicks PEERtrainer Founder
When it comes to dessert, the three bite rule is unparalleled for satisfaction and portion control. If you want dessert, have three bites. There is no dessert that is forbidden, and you'll find that after the three bites, you're mindlessly eating.
Once you try this a few times, you'll see how easy it is to maintain. Enjoying dessert like this helps to match big changes in eating with the reality of daily life. Eating out is a big part of our life. Learning how to eat out and still lose weight and be healthy is a challenge, but it can be done
With your husband, boyfriend, friends or co-workers- when you do go out and order dessert, order one and many forks or spoons. This is a great way to show others your new discipline and habits. One thing to realize though, is when you start to change your eating, your exercise and your mindset, you will probably lose weight.
And you will want to tell the world. Resist the urge to try and "convert" others. Be a model for others and let them come to you. And try to resist responding negatively to the inevitable criticism that you will get for changing your habits.
Realize that it may be threatening for others around you. Try and understand where they are coming from, and try and show them that you understand them. Fully understanding another can quickly disarm the most negative person.
Is The Three Bite Rule Right For You?
There are some caveats to the three bite rule. If you are someone who is really struggling with sugar addiction the three bite rule might not work as well for you. You might be the kind of person who has to go cold turkey, at least for a short amount of time.
If you are in this bucket where you just cannot eat three bites of dessert, you'd be very well advised to learn how to do a cleanse
. When PEERtrainer says "cleanse" we don't mean a juice fast or something where you feel like crap. Our cleanse approach focuses first and foremost on removing certain foods from your diet as an experiment.
Read that article on how to do a cleanse that we linked to. If you are reading this article as part of the PEERtrainer Tip of The Day
program, know that we are careful about how much to throw at you at once. But the stuff we do point you to is the real deal. Be very open to the ideas that we present when we talk about cleansing and detoxing. It can be a big difference maker.
Share This With Your Friends On Facebook
Next: High Volumes of Vegetables, Salad and Fruit Can Accelerate Weight Loss, Improve Your Energy and Make You Look Great
|Health Information||Nutrition Data|
- healthy eating plans for weight lossEat For Health is dedicated to the idea that most chronic disease can be prevented, treated and even reversed by intense nutritional therapy. If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, autoimmune disorders- this book and approach will be of interest.
- weight logDaily journaling or logging of your food, exercise and
emotions are an extremely powerful tool to help you lose weight. When you write down
- feel less tiredHow do you stop feeling so tired? PEERtrainer presents a totally unique method that is likely to help you feel less tired and give you more energy. The key to feeling less tired is to use more fat and less sugar for energy. In order to do this, you'll need to eat fewer refined carbs, more vegetables and greens, and incorporate healthy fats into your diet. You will also need to slow way down when you exercise. Many people do some of these things, but few do all of them in combination. The key to attacking the root cause of exhaustion is to do all of these things together.
- weight loss meals
- online food journal
- weight loss affirmations
- real diets that work
- how to make your body burn fatThere is a difference between burning fat and burning sugar. While your body can burn either fuel, it is far better off burning fat. Fat is the body's fuel of choice. Fat, not sugar, is our most inexhaustible and healthy energy resource. When you train your body to burn fat, you gain access to this limitless resource
- resistance home gym
- nutrisystem select reviewsNutriSystem is one of the most popular diet programs out there. It is easy and relatively cheap. People often have great success using the diet. This guide will help you find out if it is right for you and will help you make the most out of this program by placing it in the context of a broader array of tools that are available to you.