||Become healthy and happy
||I'm 26 yrs old and I'm trying to figure out this crazy thing called life. I know that losing weight and getting in shape is going to help me out in a lot of ways. I'm getting so close to goal and having so much fun. I love exercising now and I'm learning things about myself that I never knew. I love my PT family and owe a lot of my success to them.
Here are some of my favorite quotes that have kept me going:
- Excuses or Results. You can't have both.
- I know I can do this because I AM doing it.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going!
- You are stronger than you think you are.
- You can feel SORE tomorrow or you can feel SORRY tomorrow. You choose.
- Is this the healthiest choice I can make right now?
- Respect yourself and others will respect you. - Confucius
- Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
|Diets I like:
||Eat To Live
I primarily follow the ETL diet, with some alterations. I eat an afternoon snack because the family I work for doesn't eat dinner until 7 - 730pm.
Unlimited Amounts Of:
Raw veggies (1 lb/day)
Cooked green and non-green nutrient rich veggies (eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and cauliflower)
Beans, legumes, bean sprouts, and tofu (1 cup/day)
Fresh fruits (4+/day)
Limited Amounts Of:
Cooked starchy veggies(butternut and acorn squash, corn, white potatoes, sweet potatoes) or whole grains (Max of 1 cup or 1 serving/day)
Raw nuts and seeds (Max 1 oz/day)
Avocado (Max 2 oz/day)
Dried fruit (Max 2 TBS/day)
Ground flaxseed (Max 1 TBS/day)
|Workout of choice:
||ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Dance Class!!!!!!! Have fun, burn calories, tone up.
Yoga - A workout for my Mind, Body and Spirit <3
Group Cardio Classes
HASfit.com - Free 90 Day Program!!!
New Workout Routine:
Monday: Beginner Hip Hop
Tuesday: Dance class
Thursday: Boot Camp or Yoga
Saturday: Step Class
||Reward myself for good behavior.
Goal - Date (Time To Goal) - Reward.
175 - October 18th (4 weeks)
170 - November 15th (4 weeks)
165 - December 27th (6 weeks)
160 - February 7th (6 weeks)
155 - March 21st (6 weeks)
150 - May 2nd (6 weeks)
145 - June 20th (7 weeks)- Normal Range!!
140 - August 29th (10 weeks)
135 - November 7th (10 weeks)- Normal with room to fluctuate!!!!
Workout 5-6 days a week
Log my food.
Drink 64 oz of water every day.
Sleep at least 6 hrs a day.
My Advantages Response Card (from the Beck Diet Solution)
1. I'll be stronger
2. I’ll be healthier
3. I'll feel like I have accomplished something great
4. I'll finally have the mind/body/spirit connection that I've been missing
5. I'll be more disciplined and focused
6. I'll push myself harder in other aspects of my life
7. I'll know that I deserve only the best
8. I'll be a good role model
9. I'll be better able to run and play with my nieces (and my own kids in the future)
10. I'll stop being so self-conscious
11. I'll enjoy sex more
12. I'll be able to wear sexier, trendier clothes
13. I'll be more attractive to others
14. I'll get more compliments
15. I'll have more energy
|I need the most help with:
||motivation. I am going to change my life, but I feel as though I need a lot of encouragement and support. Especially now that I'm more confident and comfortable with my body. I need to remind myself that this journey is not over yet. I need to keep pushing.
||I'm 26 years old and I was obese for most of my life. I started this journey in January 2010 at 226 lbs (260-270 was my highest weight ever) and I lost 67 lbs by October 2010. However, within the past few years I have been wavering between 154 and 180 lbs. I ended my first real relationship last fall, and gained back a lot of weight. I lost myself in someone else. I didn't make working out a priority and I adapted to someone else's diet, not my own. I had a similar issue this summer and made basically the same mistakes (prioritizing a social life over my health and making really poor food choices). So now here I am, back at 180 lbs, determined to make this yo-yoing stop. This rollercoaster has been fun, but I learned two things. #1 the down part is definitely wayyy more fun than the up part, and #2 I'm starting to get nauseous, so it's time to get off. I need to strengthen my core, spiritually, mentally and physically. I'm so proud of my progress, but I know I still have a long way to go and that the most difficult part of the journey is yet to come.
I could not have done any of this without the support of my wonderful friends here on PT. You guys are amazing! Thank you for everything you have done for me!