I want to consistently follow the great food plan that I have developed over the years. I have reached my goal many times. However, I have never been able to keep off the weight indefinitely. I frequently struggle with Maintenance. I need support to stay away from that first bite of snacks/trigger foods which get me started on a food binge!
Revised Jan 20, 2013: MY NEW CHALLENGE:
1) FOLLOW CHEAT SYSTEM
2) STRENUOUSLY AVOID 12 C's: Cake, Cookies, Candy, Crackers (except the ones I deem healthy),Chips, Cheese, Cereal after bkfst, Cereal with sugar, ice Cream , eating in Car, sugar by itself (C&H), Cashews or other nuts
3) Three meals a day, nothing in between except fruits, vegetables, or other healthy foods to be determined
4) LOG EVERY DAY unless I am away from a computer
5) WEIGH at least once a week and log weight
6) Try to WALK AT LEAST 30 MINS.4 or more days a week.
I'm inserting this weight here on 1/6/12 because although I weighed this amount last August, I was ashamed to tell anyone:
August 2011 - 138.5
10/29/11 - 135
11/17/11 - 136
12/14/11 - 134.5
1/1/12 - 131.5
1/5/12 - 130.5
1/18/12 - 129
1/27/12 - 128
2/28/12 - 127
6/18/12 - 125 (goal!)
7/15/12 - 126.5
8/27/12 - 126.8
1/19/13 - 125.3
1/22/13 - 124,6
1/29/13 - 123.1
2/3/13 - 121.9
2/14/13 - 120 (that's low enough! Now comes the hard part!)
2/24/13 - 116 (probably because I've been sick. I worry that
I'll start telling myself it's OK to eat more, but I
actually wouldn't mind gaining a couple of lbs.)
3/3/13 - 115.5 I'm getting used to this!
3/31/13 - 113 I've been at 113 for a couple of weeks now. I
have been trying to gain a couple of pounds,
eating healthy foods.
5/27/31 - 109 Since the beginning of May I have weighed between 108
111.. I think I should weigh at least 112, but I just can't
make myself eat sugar or snacks. I like being thin, but
now people tell me I'mm "too skinny!"
I am a 75-yr-old retired child development specialist. Since retirement I have been a docent at San Diego Botamic Garden. botanical garden. I do a story time there for preschoolers once a week I also have a large container garden at my son's house, where I garden with my grandsons..I have 2 grandsons, ages 4 and 8, who live 3 miles from me. I volunteer in their schools 3 times a week and care for them 2 or 3 afternoons a week. I have 2 granddaughters, ages11 and 14, who live 3,000 miles away in Washington, DC.. We see them often. I'm busy and active and enjoying life.
|Diets I like:
I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and have also attended Overeaters Anonymous meetings. Good nutrition and the freedom to develop my own food plan are important to me. I tried Jenny Craig for a while and liked the personal support, but I prefer to plan and prepare my own meals. The Cheat System has worked well for me in the several years I have been on Peertrainer.
|Workout of choice:
I do 1 1/2 hours of exercises daily to combat spinal stenosis. I try to walk at least a mile a day.
1) I try to eat 3 moderate meals a day with only fruits or vegetables in between No second helpings.
2) BREAKFAST: Bran flakes (1 1/2cups) and berries or applesauce. I am lactose intolerant, and I don't care for lactose-free milk.
3) LUNCH: Everything on one plate; must include one
vegetable and one fruit. No carbonated
drinks. No getting up for more food.
4) DINNER: Moderate portions, must include a protein, several, servings of vegetables and usually a salad..
5) DESSERT: fruit
6) SNACKS: Fruits or vegetables. As many
veggies as I want, any time.
7) NO TRIGGER FOODS: "THE 7 C's" (which have now
expanded to "THE 11 C's"
These are foods which almost always set me off
on a "food binge."
8) THE 11 C's I CANNOT EAT ARE:
Cake, candy, cookies, chips, crackers,
ice cream, (cream starts with C), popcorn (C for
corn), sugar (C for C&H sugar) plain, out of a
spoon, cereal after breakfast, cheese (when not part of
a meal) and no NUTS (when not part of a meal; not a C word, I know)
NOTHINGFROM MY LIST OF "TRIGGER FOODS"
WHICH I CALL THE "7 C'S although they have now
expanded to "10 C's and an N"
|I need the most help with:
I NEED SUPPORT, ENCOURAGEMENT, AND ACCOUNTABILITY! I NEED SOMEONE TO REPORT TO ON A REGULAR BASIS!
I am definitely a "food addict!" If I can stay away from my trigger foods, "The 11 C's," I am fine! But once I allow myself one bite of any of those foods, I stop thinking rationally and eat more and more of all the foods I should not eat. Once I start, it's really hard to stop. Since 2012, I have lost about 20 pounds with the help of my Peertrainer friends, and I have kept it off. Still, there are times when I "binge," and then I must work hard to get myself back on track. Sometimes, when I need to get serious about The Cheat System again, it helps to tell my PT buddies that I am having a difficult time, and they are very supportive. My weight is where I want it to be, but it is always a struggle to maintain.
December 28, 2014: I AM CHALLENGING MYSELF TO;
1. Stick to the CHEAT SYSTEM
2. Do not eat ANY of the 11 C's listed above:
Candy, Cookies, Cake, Crackers (except AKMak with
lunch), Chips, Cereal after bkfst, Cereal with sugar, ice
Cream, popCorn, eating in the Car.
3. Log every day!
4. Beginning December 27th, 2014: Weigh every day!