I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 151 cm (4' 11.5") and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise. I might mention here that the bit of brain which controls appetite strongly believes that I am a 6'8" lumberjack.
Other important tidbits about me:
1) I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
2) I am completely open to new ideas if evidence based. I am not cool with woo. Please read the rest of my group member profile, and see http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Food_woo
I'm a 47 year old professional. I'm married w/ 2 kids, one in college and out of college and on his own. I'm 5'9" tall and have been overweight since my first baby was born in 1989. I took off about 40 pounds in 2005 when I did Slim4Life. Over the next 4 years I put about 15 of it back on.
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer
I am a mother of two, ages 10 and 13. I have been a personal trainer for many years but I currently work on my own. I have been diagnosed with two different disorders over the past few years that caused me to gain 35 pounds. I would like some accountability to reach my goals.