My name is Diane. I'm a 59 year old businesswoman living in Colorado. Married with no childen, though we have 2 cats and 2 very small dogs (chihuahuas). I'm starting my journey to health as of Dec. 28th 2014.
I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 4' 11.5"(151 cm) and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise. I might mention here that the bit of brain which controls appetite strongly believes that I am a 6'8" lumberjack.
Other important tidbits about me:
- I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
- I am completely open to new ideas if evidence based ("woo-woo" is not cool)
- see below "what I need help with" section.
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer
42 year old mom of 2 teens, wife and student. Sit too much studying and need to get motivated in other ways than school and family. Time to do this for me and get moving!