I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 151 cm (4' 11.5") and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise. I might mention here that the bit of brain which controls appetite strongly believes that I am a 6'8" lumberjack.
Other important tidbits about me:
- I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
- I am completely open to new ideas if evidence based. I am not cool with woo. Please read the rest of my group member profile, and see http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Food_woo
I moved to LA in 2005 to pursue acting. I was never fat--or never realized I wasn't fat, but I was never overweight, but fluctuated as low as 109 and as high as 140, normally between 115-135, and then I took medication that I reacted badly to and was all the way up to 163 in the fall of 2014, at the age of 39, after never weighing more than 140 before (and thinking 140 was horrific).
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer
I am 43 years old now.. I have accomplished alot on this journey.. I started out at 415 pounds.. Im still a work in progress but have released almost a whole person. I have more work to do. In 2011 I lost my dad to cancer from smoking and I let my life go.