I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 5' 0" (152 cm) and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise. I might mention here that the bit of brain which controls appetite strongly believes that I am a 6'8" lumberjack.
Other important tidbits about me:
- I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
- I am a skeptic, which means I am completely open to new ideas and suggestions with evidence (see below "what I need help with" section).
I am a 32 year old woman, living in Switzerland and working in finance. I like to work out but have a hard time maintaining momentum and continuity. And I love to eat!
Im 30 years old and trying to get back in shape. I lost 40 lbs with peer trainer about 2 1/2 years ago and I gained a little over half of it back. I want to lose it again and maintain this time!
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer