I am a professional living in Greater Vancouver, BC. I am 151 cm (4' 11.5") and small framed, so my RMR is very low and I burn far fewer calories in exercise. I might mention here that the bit of brain which controls appetite strongly believes that I am a 6'8" lumberjack.
Other important tidbits about me:
1) I stay in groups in which we mutually support each other.
2) I am completely open to new ideas if evidence based. I am not cool with woo. Please read the rest of my group member profile, and see http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Food_woo
You can read my log: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now-sa.asp
I = icandoit276.
But I summarize my totals here anyway.
50+ year old married male profesional with 2 kids on the LEFT Coast of USA
What works for me:
1. Daily logging of cals and exc
2. Low fat meals
3. Commenting on PEERTrainer
4. Planning the food I eat
5. Beck-style awareness
6. Hypertrophy of my resistance muscle
7. Keeping goals in mind: health, longevity, good looks and good shape, staying around for wife and kids, avoiding stroke, heart attack, cancer
I played sports my entire life and into college. Once I stopped being forced to be active, I didn't focus on working out and I gained quite a bit of weight. I have learned that accountability is necessary for me to achieve permanent loss. My fiance deployed a few days ago and I want to make sure I do not allow that emotional stress to negatively affect my health.