Get motivated: Exercise and no sugar will make me stronger. At least do it for that reason.
- Exercise (via running or gym) most days of the week.
- Pile the vegetables.
- Limited sugar and flour intake.
- Sleep for at least 7 hours per night.
Treat your body with respect to be healthy and happy. And maintain a sense of balance.
If you want a pick-me-up: http://calmingmanatee.com/
A sugar-less* challenge: June 11 - July 11 (1 sugar-less day = 1 point)
* This would include desserts, chocolate, candy, baked treats and pastries. This does not include a Capri Sun during a soccer game.
A no-late-night-eating* challenge: June 18 - July 18 (1 day of no eating 3 hours before bedtime = 1 point)
* This may not apply to Monday and Thursday nights as I have soccer practice 7-9pm. I may have a (small!) healthy snack before bedtime.
sugar-less challenge - Points: 6 / Missed: 2
no-late-night-eating challenge - Points: 1 / Missed: 0
Sleep did not seem to like to stay last night. I woke up after 2 hours of it and then it took me 3+ hours to return to sleep for another 4 hours. 6 hours total, but very disrupted. I hope my energy levels stay strong today.
10am: 15-minute walk to coffee shop
Plan: 6:30pm: 90-minute hot yoga - Roommate bailed. :(
(New) Plan: 7:30pm: gym workout ✓
1-hour workout: adaptive motion trainer + treadmill + stationary bike + elliptical (40 minutes), row machine (10 minutes), weights + stretches (10 minutes)
7:45am: small portion baked salmon + "massaged" kale + 1 tbsp olive oil + 4 unsalted blue corn tortilla chips, 1/4 cup (?) 2% plain greek yogurt + 4 strawberries + 1 spoon raisins
10:30am: 12 oz coffee + tiny bit half and half
1:15pm: 1/2 can tuna + shredded cabbage + 1 spoon 2% plain greek yogurt + salsa + sriracha
3:15pm: handful organic blueberries, a large handful unsalted soy nuts, 1 piece organic dried mango
5:30pm: Pre-workout: (too) many raisins, cheese, unsalted blue corn tortilla chip bits and pieces
- This was supposed to be a snack, but I ate enough that it is now my dinner.
10pm: Post-workout: small portion baked salmon + steamed broccoli
- I was starving, but did not eat much.