Invite your friends
to join PEERtrainer
To Join The Discussion
It Is Free and Easy
To Sign Up
See A Live PEERtrainer Group
Ask Them Questions. Offer Them Support.
How To Lose Weight: The Basics
Online Weight Loss Support
How To Lose The Last Ten
Weight Loss Support Groups
What Is The Fat Smash Diet?
Weight Watchers Points System
The Beck Diet Solution
The Eat To Live Diet
How To Motivate To Lose Weight
How To Get Started on PEERtrainer
Ending The Hunger Cycle
Turning Knowledge Into Action
Click Here To Go Back To The PEERtrainer Weight Loss Guide
The 80-20 Rule
A Realistic Approach To Adopting Healthy Eating Habits
There is a rule in business that 80% of your sales will come from 20% of your clients. That rule can be applied in many different areas and weight loss is no different.
80 percent of your weight loss success will come from 20 percent of your effort. I've found if I eat 80% Dr. Fuhrman's way, meaning 80% of my day I eat nutrient dense foods, like greens, fruits, abstain from dairy, meat and fish, and then "cheat" the other 20% of the time, I can stick with it.
This is the only
way I've found to actually practice this approach because at the end of the day, it's highly unlikely that I'm going to go to a dinner and be able to stick with all greens, completely vegan with no sugar. Nor do I want to feel guilty if I don't stick with it.
If I do it 80% of the time, I don't get crazy cravings for chocolate and cheese, and I feel completely satisfied without the deprivation. Once I try to go all in, I find myself wanting 20 chocolate bars in one sitting. If you're just starting out with this new way of life, I would start out with only a 20% approach. Add a vegetable to every meal as your first step in.
Take a baby step. Go on the highest step of the pool. After you get used to this, give up your favorite cheese in your eggs. Skip the milk in your coffee. One step at a time until it becomes 80% of the way you live. If you try to go all in, you end up feeling defeated when you step off for a day and that usually leads to another bad day and then ultimately giving up.
If you're having trouble going all in, focus on sticking with your good habits 80% of the time and see how it works for you. By giving yourself some wiggle room you boost the odds of staying on track.
Next: Strategies For Social Situations. How To Eat Healthy At A Party
- our sponsor -
How to I sign up on PEERtrainer and get started?
If you are like most people, you know how to lose weight and get fit, but simply have a hard time following through. PEERtrainer was built to help you follow through, via daily logging and peer support. It is easy to get started--you log your food, exercise, thoughts each day. This takes about 5 minutes, and is a great habit to develop. You do this in small weight loss groups of 4 and larger "teams". The logging makes you much more aware of your habits. The group members read your logs and keep you motivated and supported. This tight integration of logging with free online weight loss support groups is very effective. It is also a unique and patent-pending process.
It is easy to get started:
It is free.
. If you don't find ones you like- Start One.
Active Groups Fill Up Quickly, You Might Want To Start A Couple To Get The Perfect Mix of People.
Here Are Some Other Tips To Help You Be Successful