|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
OverviewBarley is a hardy, annual grass that grows to a little over 3 feet inheight. The flowers are very small and are wind pollinated. It iswidely cultivated as a grain and is native to central Asia.Barley has been grown as a food source for thousands of years. It isone of the first grains to be grown for food. Paleontologists havefound evidence that humans grew barley dating to 7000 BC. Romangladiators ate barley for increased strength and stamina.Although, barley is more widely known for the grain it produces, itsnewly sprouted greens are becoming known for not only their nutritionalvalue but for the many health benefits they contain.Active ingredientsBarley contains a very large number of chemically active ingredients. These include but are not limited to the following:
Barley grass is a highly nutritious food source. It contains:
- tricin-a potent antioxidant
- the flavonoids: aesculin, apaganini, cyanidin, procyanidins
- palmitoleic acid
- organic acids
- plant steroids including beta-sitosterol and stigmasterol
Barley grass is used in traditional medicine for nutritional support and as a:
|protein || |
|fiber || |
|chlorophyll || |
|vitamin K || |
|vitamin C || |
|vitamin A || |
|vitamin E || |
|thiamin/B1 || |
|riboflavin || |
|choline || |
|B-12 || |
|niacin || |
|pantothenic acid || |
|folic acid || |
|biotin || |
|calcium || |
|phosphorous || |
|potassium || |
|magnesium || |
|iron || |
|manganese || |
|selenium || |
|sodium || |
|zinc || |
|iodine || |
|copper || |
|cobalt || |
Clinical usesClinical studies here and abroad areshowing the exiting possibilities in using barley grass. Studies byYasuo Hotta at the University of California, La Jolla, isolated asubstance P4D1 from barley grass. His studies showed that P4D1 was apotent anti inflammatory and was also responsible for DNA repair at thecellular level. His presentation a Japan Pharmacy Science Associationmeeting detailed how P4D1 helped suppress and alleviate the symptoms ofpancreatitis, inflammation of the oral cavity and lacerations of thestomach and small intestines. These studies also showed that the anti inflammatoryeffect of barley grass was superior to steroids without their many sideeffects. Barley grass is also showing promise in treating the toxiceffects of alcohol consumption. Acetaldehyde is a by product of alcoholbreakdown in the liver. Acetaldehyde is toxic to tissue and may beresponsible for the cancers associated with excess alcohol consumption,cancer of the stomach and the esophagus.DosageAdultFluid extract (1:1) in 25% ethanol: 5 to 10ml three times a day.Powdered extract (solid): 5 to 10g of barley grass mixed with juice or water 3 times/day.Contra-indications: Barley grass is generally regarded as safe with no known contra indications.Drug interactionsBarley grass has shown no drug interactions to date.Internet References
last edit by
2/19/2013 3:02:07 PM
- cellular regenerator
- rejuvenating tonic
- to relieve symptoms in digestive disorders
- immune system enhancer
no tags assigned
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!