1 chili cheese burger
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Tons of calories and fat in a Chili-Cheese Burger.
Double Chili-Cheeseburger with Grilled Onions Recipe:
8 (3-ounce) hamburger patties, about 1/3-inch thick
Essence, recipe follows
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
4 hamburger buns
Down Home Chili, recipe follows
8 ounces sharp cheddar, cut into 8 slices
Preheat the griddle. Lightly season the patties on both sides with the Essence, salt, and pepper.
Place the patties on the hot griddle and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the patties, add 1 slice of cheese to each, and continue to cook. Add the onions to the griddle and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes. Season the onions with Essence, salt, and pepper. Meantime, place the hamburger buns, inside down, on the griddle, and cook until warmed through and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
Place one toasted bun on a serving plate. Place one patty on the bottom bun, spoon chili on top of the patty, and top with a second patty and more chili. Place a portion of onions on the chili and top with bun. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Down Home Chili:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2 cups chopped yellow onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar, optional
In a heavy 6-quart pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat and stir with a large wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook, stirring, until the meat is brown and cooked through, 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, chili powder, essence, salt, cumin, and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and water. Stir well and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Yield: 6 cups (about 6 to 8 servings)
last edit by
11/19/2007 10:42:27 AM
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!