PILES of fat and calories in a Chili-Cheese Dog. Only eat at a Monster Truck Rally, Professional Sporting Event or visit to Coney Island.
Easy chili dogs are made with canned chili, Cheddar cheese soup, onion, hot dogs, and crushed corn chips.
- 2 cans (approximately 16 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion or 1/4 cup fresh grated onion
- 1 pound hot dogs, about 10
- 10 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- coarsely crushed corn chips
PREPARATION:In a large saucepan, combine chili, cheese soup, and onion. Add hot dogs; heat to boiling then simmer for 5 minutes.
Place a hot dog on each toasted bun then top with chili cheese sauce and sprinkle with crushed corn chips.
Makes 10 chili cheese hot dog sandwiches.