Indian Vegetable Korma
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
300 calories in Indian Vegetable Korma
Indian Food Matching Foods:
Calculated for 1 serving (352g)
Recipe makes 4 servings
The following items or measurements are not included below:
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
1/2 inch fresh ginger
green cardamom pods
Calories from Fat 209 (53%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 23.3g 35%
Saturated Fat 16.9g 84%
Polyunsat. Fat 3.0g
Monounsat. Fat 2.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 50mg 2%
Potassium 1223mg 34%
Total Carbohydrate 43.7g 14%
Dietary Fiber 12.0g 47%
Protein 8.4g 16%
Vitamin A 6636mcg 132%
Vitamin B6 0.8mg 38%
Vitamin B12 0.0mcg 0%
Vitamin C 207mg 346%
Vitamin E 2mcg 7%
Calcium 105mg 10%
Magnesium 100mg 25%
Iron 4mg 22%
Alcohol 0.0g Caffeine 0.0mg
how is this calculated?
South Indian Vegetable Korma Recipe
Aromatic and delicious, with the fresh and lively flavour of cilantro, balanced by the creamy sweetness of grated coconut. Feel free to substitute vegetables of your choice. Cauliflower, winter squash, red bell pepper and aubergine all work well. We are lucky to have a neighbour with a 'drumstick' tree, so I included some of this in mine. Yum! Serve with rice, and other curry dishes if you wish. Adapted from a recipe by Chandra Padmanabhan.
time to make 40 min 20 min prep
1 cup finely chopped green beans
1 cup finely chopped carrots
2 medium potatoes, diced into small pieces
1/2 cup shelled green peas
1 large tomato, peeled and finely chopped
salt, to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or ghee if you prefer)
5-6 fresh curry leaves
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves (to garnish)
Coconut Cilantro Paste
1/2 cup grated unsweetened coconut
6 green chilies, roughly chopped (and de-seeded for a milder curry, if you prefer)
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 bunch cilantro
1 teaspoon ground aniseed
1 inch piece cinnamon bark
2 green cardamom pods
1 tablespoon white poppy seeds
1. Blend or process the grated coconut, chillies, onion, ginger, turmeric and cilantro together with a little water, in a blender or processor, until they form a fine paste. Set to one side.
2. For the masala, heat a small, heavy-based skillet or pan over a medium-high heat. Add the anise, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods and poppy seeds, and dry-roast them until they give off a strong aroma. Be careful they do not burn. Grind them to a fine paste and set aside.
3. Place all the vegetables except the tomato in a heavy saucepan, and add enough water to just cover them. Bring to to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are just tender. Add the chopped tomato and salt, to taste, and simmer 1 - 2 minutes longer.
4. Add the coconut/cilantro paste to the vegetables, and stir, before adding the masala powder. Mix well.
5. Heat the oil or ghee in a small skillet, and saute the curry leaves for a minute or two before adding them to the korma.
6. Garnish the finished dish with fresh cilantro leaves.
last edit by
10/21/2007 10:10:55 AM
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!