|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Maine Lobster. Also pronounced "Lobstah."
Cooks Lobster House on Bailey Island, Maine is a wicked good place to eat lobster.
Very high in vitamin B, and high in minerals including potassium, magnesium, copper, phosphorous and zinc. Which makes sense since sea water has high mineral content.
Is Lobster good for you?
I grew up in a lobstering island on the coast of Maine, so I am pretty biased. But it does seem that cold water fish overall have some great benefits.
Cod for example is very high in blood thinning omega-3 fatty acids, and high in vitamins b6 and b12. Lobster as you can see if very high in B12 in particular.
The overall high level of minerals is associated with all sorts of health benefits and we sort of just know that seafood can be healthy- as long as it is prepared in the right way.
How To Eat Lobster In A Healthy Way
growing up eating lobster on Orr's Island and working at Cook's Lobster House on Bailey island, I would always dunk my lobster in a nice bowl of melted butter. Insanely good and also really bad for you.
Animal fats like butter tend to be places where the toxins of the world find a very happy home, so you want to avoid them whenever you can.
One new dressing that Jackie and I like to make is to take some dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and maybe a little garlic and mix it up nicely. Even a touch of avocado can make for a nice recipe.
This dressing is also great to make vegetables taste good.
Good Weight Watchers Recipes Featuring Lobster?
You will need to check their latest recipes because they just rolled out a lot of new ones, many featuring things like shrimp over a lot of vegetables or brown rice, prepared in a delicious way. Lobster is roughly 4 points, so you could prepare a really gourmet meal that tasted great and kept you on track.
Lobster Salad Recipe
last edit by
3/6/2011 1:05:49 PM
Finfish and Shellfish Products
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!