|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Shrimp are high in protein and low in calories.
One 4 oz serving of Shrimp has roughly 112 calories and 24 grams of protein. Shrimp contain high levels of two extremely important nutrients that are often hard to get enough of in your diet- Selenium and Vitamin D.
Selenium has been found to help fight cancer, and it helps to boost your energy. Selenium has also been shown to be effective in treating the symptoms of psoriasis, which is an often hard to treat condition.
According to Jonny Bowden, PhD, shrimp are also high in a lesser known substance called "astaxanthin" which is an anti-oxidant relate to beta-carotene and lutein.
For those of you following the PEERtrainer Cheat System, we strongly recommend shrimp as a protein source. The system is designed to help guide people to the highest nutrient foods. Because general knowledge of what is in food is so rapidly evolving, expect to see us adjust the Cheat System to reflect those changes.
For example, we know that Selenium and Vitamin D are very powerful health promoting substances, and often difficult to get enough of. If you are in a situation where you have access to Shrimp, Cod or Halibut, you might want to take advantage of that situation and not worry about your portions so much.
It is a balance, because people even though different foods have different nutrient composition, at the end of the day if you consume too many calories or sugar, it will get stored as fat.
last edit by
1/11/2012 1:56:05 PM
Finfish and Shellfish Products
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!