By Jackie Wicks PEERtrainer Founder
Chickpeas (Garbonzo Beans)
1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
280 Calories in a cup of serving of chick peas or Garbonzo beans.
- 25% of calories in chick peas consist of protein
- very high in calcium
- chickpeas are high in fiber
Chickpeas have piles of fiber, are high in protein and energy producing properties. Garbanzo beans are an excellent source of molybdenum and manganese.They are also a very good source of folate and a good source of protein, dietary fiber, copper, phosphorous and iron.
If you take a look at the nutrition label on this page, you will see on a percentage basis "how much" good stuff you get. The important thing to realize is that for any food you are looking up, if you see a lot of nutrients, with decent numbers, this is usually an indicator of a food that is very good for you.
In scientific terms, foods like Chickpeas have favorable nutrients per calorie ratio.
Additionally, any food that is a core part of any culture that dates back thousands of years is probably good for you in some way.
Hummus is one of the most popular ways to eat Chick Peas. Here is an excellent one:
How To Make Red Pepper Hummus
Calories in Black Beans
last edit by
3/29/2011 10:11:59 AM
Legumes and Legume Products
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!