|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
There are roughly 300 calories in a 4 ounce serving of lamb. A good rule of thumb to figure out portion size is that a 4 ounce serving of meat is roughly the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.
Lamb is an excellent meat, high in many important nutrients and it is also very flavorful. This means that a small amount of Lamb can go a long way.
Many of you have made the PEERtrainer 5 Minute Insane Man Hunger Cure recipe. We list lamb as one of the three meat options. A half pound of lamb is 600 calories. That recipe will make about 6 really big servings, so we are talking 100 calories of meat per serving.
If you are following the Cheat System, all the other ingredients are on the left side, and are unlimited.
Health and Nutrition Benefits Of Lamb
Lamb makes up a very small percentage of the meat eaten in the United States, but is very popular in other parts of the world.
Whenever we see that a food is a core part of any culture that is thousands of years old, we pay attention. It is there for a reason. Lamb is one of those foods. As you can see from the calorie and nutrition label on this page, lamb is high in certain nutrients, which are critical to our health and sometimes hard to get.
For example, lamb is high in Zinc which is thought to be one of the most important minerals for immune system function.
Additionally, lamb is high in Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is only found in meat and seafood, and is one of the vitamins that generates the most debate.
It is thought that the human body is capable of storing B12 for a long time. But we know that many common diseases and medications can wear down B12 levels in the body.
last edit by
3/14/2011 12:45:06 PM
Lamb, Veal, and Game Products
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!