The Famed Nestle Nip
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Ingredients: sugar, corn syrup, nonfat milk, hydrogenated coconut oil, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, whey, cocoa, less than 2% of water, salt, mono- and diglycerides, natural and artifical flavors, soy lecithin, caramel color. Made on equipment that also processes peanuts.
When Sluttony heard about the wiki contest she had a few minutes of pondering what lucky food would be treated to extensive review. And then it struck her- what was the one food she'd been consuming for months without pause, before breakfast, at lunch, after dinner? What food truly represented the Sluttony psyche, with all its imperfections and qualities-- tasteless and vulgar, cheap and classless, remarkably easy to become totally stickily attached to, with a surprise heart of sweet, gooey goodness? The answer was, of course, her beloved nip.
But what could she say about the famed nip that hadn't been said before? Maybe first the bare bones facts, straight from the horse's mouth, Nestle:
"For people who need a break from life's little irritations, NIPS® is the rich and creamy hard candy that provides a soothing diversion. Each NIPS candy has its own distinct and truly satisfying flavor. This hard candy is known for its smooth, creamy texture and bite-size eat with an unmistakable hint or "nip" of flavor – hence the name "NIPS".
NIPS were introduced more than 70 years ago and known as Pearson NIPS since the early 1920's. Nestlé purchased NIPS in 1989. The "Pearson" name was dropped in Fall 2000. NIPS are different from most other hard sugar candies because NIPS are a milk-based hard caramel. The dairy ingredients make NIPS' texture exceptionally smooth and creamy.
NIPS candy comes in two forms; solid candies and soft centered candies known as parfaits."
But the nip is so much more than just a soothing diversion with a smooth, creamy texture. It is, quite simply, a soothing diversion with a smooth, creamy texture that lasts and lasts and lasts. One of those 100 calorie packs of cookies? Down Sluttony's gullet in under a minute. A Snackwell's chocolate mint devils food cake cookie? 30 seconds. Her treasured froyo? Maybe a minute or two, tops. Even a 3-month-cabinet-cured uber stale twizzler can't compete with the staying power of the nip (or its calorie content!).
The nip can be tossed in a bag easily to satisfy that post dinner pre movie craving for dessert (and avert a potential icecream sundae disaster); the nip can be shoved in a pocket or backpack for a long hike in the Blue Hills where sugar is scarce; the nip works as an afternoon pick-me-up as you slave at your awful, monotonous desk job.
You see for thirty (admittedly transfatty despite the nutrition "facts") calories, the nip is a dieter's dream candy. Three of these and 10 cals to spare, or 1 measly 100 cal pack of cookies.... you decide.
last edit by
7/28/2006 6:14:41 PM
Best Of PT Wiki
So Bad, But Sooo Good
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!