Veggie Patch Meatless Garlic Portabella Burgers
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Ingredients: rehydrated soy protein (texturized, isolated, concentrate), rehydrated wheat protein (wheat gluten, wheat starch), soybean oil, portabella mushrooms, vegetable fiber. Contains less than 2% of modified vegetable gum, egg whites, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), garlic, sea salt, potassium chloride, fruit powder (apple, pear, plum), calcium carbonate, red bell peppers, spices, onion, autolyzed yeast extract, dextrose, natural flavor, maltodextrin, modified corn starch, corn syrup solids, tapioca, hydrolyzed corn & soy protein, caramel color.
This recipe for a meatless stir-fry is from their website, sounds yummy:
4 Garlic Portabella Burgers
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 large onion, halved, cut in 1/2 inch strips
2 minced garlic cloves
2 teaspoons minced ginger root
2 whole scallions, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
cooked white or brown rice
Veggie Patch Products used in this recipe
Meatless Garlic-Portabella Burgers
Cut Garlic Portabella Burgers into 3/4 inch strips. Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large, heavy skillet over the highest heat. Stir-fry the onions and peppers until crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Remove from wok to a serving dish.
Add burger strips to wok and stir-fry until lightly browned and crisp on the outside, 2 minutes. Add to the vegetable mixture on the serving plate.
Stir-fry the garlic, ginger, and scallions for 30 seconds, return the cooked vegetables and burger strips to the wok. Add the vegetable broth.
Stir up the cornstarch mixture and pour into the pan. Stir-fry until all ingredients are well blended and coated with the thickened sauce, 2 minutes. Serve immediately over or accompanied by rice.
last edit by
7/24/2006 5:04:04 PM
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!