Yum Yum Easy Layered Beans and Rice
1/4 of recipe
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
This is a super EASY, healthy casserole dish which is high in fiber and nutrients. It is great for vegetarians but will please the carnivores in the crowd as well. It's great comfort food and DELICIOUS.
Easy Layered Beans and Rice
Adapted from "The Meatless Gourmet: Easy Lowfat Favorites"
1 cup brown rice rice, uncooked
4 sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), cut into small pieces
8 oz can corn drained
1 1/4 cups hot water
2 cups marinara sauce (I used my homemade marinara)
2 cups pinto beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375º.
Lightly oil a deep 2-quart casserole or spray with a nonstick cooking spray. Spread rice in the casserole. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes. Spread corn evenly over rice. Gently pour water over corn. Spoon half of the marinara sauce evenly over the corn. Spoon beans over the sauce, followed by remaining sauce. Cover tightly and bake 45 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle with both cheeses, and return to oven until cheese is melted and begins to brown, 5-10 minutes.
Serve-again hint: Here's everything you need for a bean and rice burrito, including the cheese. Just roll leftovers in flour tortillas, heat in an oven or microwave, then top with salsa.
Makes 4 (large) servings (could reduce to 6 if you wanted)
Per serving: 413 cals, 6g fat (3 g sat), 19g pro, 71g carbs, 938mg sod, 11mg chol
- Instead of the corn, try green or red bell peppers, spinach and/or mushrooms. This will also bring the calorie/starch content down.
- Spinach and bottled curry sauce instead of the corn and marinara sauce for an Indian twist.
WW Points: 9
Cal: 413 ; Fat: 6 ; Fiber: 0
last edit by
9/24/2006 3:23:41 PM
Best Of PT Wiki
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!