Boar's Head Black Forest Smoked Ham
2 oz (56g)
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Not sure if this is sold in the rest of the country, but in New York Boars Head is the best!
Here is a blurb on the company from their website. I guess it is available across the country.
"A Brief History of the Boar's Head Provisions Company
The first delicatessen products were distributed using the name Boar's Head Brand in the New York City area in 1905. Products were delivered by horse-drawn wagon to small delicatessens and "Mom and Pop" stores.
Click here to view a Boar's Head Historical Photo Album
By 1933, distribution of Boar's Head Brand products had grown. It was at that time that the founder, Frank Brunckhorst, dissatisfied with the quality of cooked hams which were available to him, decided that he would open a manufacturing plant of his own. The first plant was started in a small building in Brooklyn with only three employees.
Even back then there were thousands of delicatessens in New York City, and there were a great number of small manufacturers of delicatessen specialties. The competition among these manufacturers was keen; and as a result, very high standards were set for the quality of delicatessen products. Frank Brunckhorst set his own high standards, and he would not vary from them. Before long, Boar's Head Brand products could be found in all of the best delicatessens, gourmet stores and fine food establishments in the New York area.
Over the years since that time, most other manufacturers of delicatessen products have made compromises in quality for the sake of convenience and economy. But the manufacturers of Boar's Head Brand have never done so. To this day, four generations later, descendants of the family still insist on the same unwavering commitment to those high standards set by Frank Brunckhorst long ago.
By the mid 1970's, requests had begun to come from all over the country for Boar's Head products. Now, Boar's Head Brand products are shipped by truck to distributors all over the country. Boar's Head is proud and honored that today - from New England to Key West, and all across the nation, from Seattle to San Diego, in thousands of Mom and Pop stores, and in the most prestigious supermarkets in America, delicatessens who care about the products they serve to their customers, serve Boar's Head Brand."
| Matching Foods: |
- Boar's Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Turkey Breast
- Boar's Head 28% Lower Sodium Bologna
- Boar's Head Beef Bologna
- Boar's Head Beef- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Beef Salami
- Boar's Head Black Forest Smoked Ham
- Boar's Head Bologna- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Cajun Style Eye Round Oven Roasted Beef
- Boar's Head Cheese- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Chicken & Turkey- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Cooked Corn Beef Top Round
- Boar's Head Garlic Bologna
- Boar's Head Ham- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Ham- Gourmet Pepper
- Boar's Head Ham- Maple Glazed Honey Coat
- Boar's Head Ham- Smoked Virginia
- Boar's Head Hickory Smoked Chicken Breast
- Boar's Head Lebanon Bologna
- Boar's Head Loaves & Liverwurst- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Pork and Beef Bologna
- Boar's Head Salami & Prosciutto- Calories, Fiber, Fat, Carbs, Points
- Boar's Head Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Yellow and White)
- Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar Cheese (Yellow and White)
| || |
last edit by
11/18/2006 4:04:44 PM
I eat boars head ham ALL the time with the 1 point for 2 slices bread...( I think it is Sara Lee) It makes a great sandwich!!! And only 3 points, or add cheese for 4 points!!
9/2/2006 10:50:51 PM