Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
best weight loss advice/tips
so i was just wondering what people had for succesful weightloss tips/ advice for others out there who are struggling or just starting out
1: start making changes slowly and incorporate them daily into your everday life then its not such a shock to your system and your more likely to stick with it
2: set small weekly goals. for ex: for myself i dont set a specific date to get to a certain number on th escale. i take it week by week and say ok if im 238 at the begiining of this week then then my goal for this week is to get below 238 evenif its only 1/2 a lb. ive still met my goal and its to be celebrated
3: stick to smaller meals spread out throughout the day and if your still hungry in btwn drink a glass of water
4: carry a water bottle with you all day. its easier to remember to drink it if its staring you in the face and you can easily grab it
5: even if you dont really feel like exercising get moving for even just ten min a day because youll probably feel good after that short amount of time and want to do alittle more.
6: stick with peertrainer. its a great site with lots of motivation/support
Mon. Apr 28, 6:34pm
those are good. And read the articles here on the site too, there really are a lot of great ones.
These worked for me:
1. Pick one meal to eat the same healthy low cal. thing every day, (bkfst is good) that way you start off right and don't have to worry about that one so there is a victory right there every day!
2. Do cardio and weights FIVE TIMES a week (start out just walking and doing some basic hand weights) that way it is a REAL habit
3. Count calories and eat JUST 200 less than you burn (BMR + exercise) - no more and no less !
4. Having one cheat meal per week is a really good idea. it not only keeps you sane, but research suggests that it keeps your metabolism guessing and revved
5. Basically for weight loss - CARBS and FAT are your enemy - it is all about lean protein and a little healthy fat and a some healthy carbs (i.e. omega-3's and whole grains) I know that sounds extreme, but that is really my mentaility and I have lost 50 lbs this way...
6. have a goal, an accountability person and a timeline - and make it doable, then do it again.
GOOD LUCK - carve out those healthy habits and make them stick for the rest of your life ! !
Monday, April 28, 2008, 8:15 PM
Things that have really stuck with me:
1) I once read: If you're 5 pounds or 50 pounds overweight, you are overeating to maintain that weight. Ouch. Didn't like reading that.
2) The Harris Benedict Calculator. When I stick to my calorie range (which is KEY) my weight loss follows just as the calculations predicted.
3) "Your body doesn't plateau, your routine does."
4) Research shows: Most people overestimate their exercise and underestimate their calories. This keeps me in check when I find myself mailing it in at the gym and taking mindless nibbles that are so easy to 'not count.' And as soon as I stop planning or logging - my calories go up.
5) Saying 'I'll try' anticipates failure. Don't 'try'; commit and say, 'I WILL.'
Monday, April 28, 2008, 11:23 PM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?