Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
How to avoid a 'Santas Belly' over Christmas....
The son of a friend was taken to get his Santa photo taken. His mother said to him "Look at Santas boots", and he replied "Look at Santas fat belly". Well, lets say a communal goodbye to our 'Santa bellys'.
Not only are we going to have a wonderful Christmas filled with fun, laughter and festivities with those we love - we're not going to gain those customary extra Christmas pounds that stay with us for the next 20 years. NO WAY. In fact, we will all continue our luscious lean lovely hot body journey - for some of us, that means we are planning to maintain our weights over the Christmas period, and for others, we're planning to continue the fat melt over the Christmas period.
We're not in denial. We know that we can't just cross our fingers and hope for the best, and just 'believe' that we will reduce portions and make healthy choices when faced with a buffet of Christmas delights. This journey is an active process that requires planning, and effort. We are after all developing habits that will see us through our lean and lovely healthy lives. And remember - we get one healthy Christmas under our belts (so to speak), it not only shows us we can do it, but it will make the next one that bit easier, and so on, and so on, and so on.
So my lean lovelies - please share below your plans and strategies for not only surviving, but thriving during the Christmas period. You're worth it, we're worth it - and together there is no stopping this incredible transformation that is you!
Fri. Dec 8, 10:29am
These are my strategies for the Christmas/New Years Period, and I plan to add in any other good ideas that others have that will help me stay on track…
1. Have a plan (and this is it)
2. Only go to Christmas food focused occasions that I really want to go to or need to attend for work
3. Before those food focused events:
· check out the menu and pre-choose what I’ll eat if possible;
· a few days beforehand and a few days afterwards eat low points and up the exercise;
· on the day eat super-low points outside of the occasion and make an extra effort to fit exercise into the day;
· remember that no one else gives a rats ass what I eat, so don’t worry about what people think;
· before going out read through the reasons why it is I want to lose the weight, think about how I felt when I was heavy, and visualize myself at my goal weight and how fabulous and hot I’ll look and feel;
· when I’m there focus on the company and not the food;
· sit next to the slowest eating and/or most; talkative person;
· load my plate up so that its at least half full with veges or salads;
· when eating desserts follow the four bite rule – have four bites and push it away;
· if it’s a big helping get half of it put in a doggie bag straight away;
· ask ask ask what’s in the meal and ask them to remove high fat things (like nuts) and put dressings on the side and when I have enough dressing get them to take it away;
4. On Christmas morning I’m going to go for a good walk in the morning.
5. Christmas day is my ‘eat whatever I want day’, and so leading up to Christmas day I’ve started making a list of all the yummy foods I want to eat. So, whenever I have a craving or temptation I just add it to the list – and I know on that day, if I want it I can have it. And on boxing day I will get rid of all the tempting leftovers.
6. Know that other than Christmas day, my rule is that I will eat to my WW points allowance
7. Type out my list of reasons why I want to lose the weight, and pin it somewhere where I’ll see it regularly – like on my bathroom mirror.
8. Set goals and a challenge to take me through to New Years day, and again, put it in a place where I see it often.
9. Each week that I post a loss, reward myself from a pre-prepared set of rewards.
Friday, December 08, 2006, 5:25 PM
The 12/8 5:25 poster has a great list. I would suggest a special plan for 12/26. I would need to have a firm meal plan in place to get through the day after eating (and drinking!) anything I wanted. I think it's a great idea, however, that you KNOW which day you get to eat all of that stuff.
Monday, December 11, 2006, 2:34 PM
My plan is simple- don't gain weight. I'm not going to try to lose any- too stressful a time to focus on the scale. I'll get to the pool and gym when I can. I get sick when I eat wheat, which 95% of christmas food has, so I'm rarely tempted. I don't drink much ever. I intend to enjoy the holiday season, really, turkey dinners are about all I have scheduled, and I figure a home cooked turkey dinner is usually better for me than what I'd get in a restaurant.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
here is a link to a great article on cnn.com relating to holiday eating strategies.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?
©2017 PEERtrainer, Inc.