Take a tour
invite your friends
- Select Menu -
Invite your friends
What I've learned on week 1 of my "diet"
It's ok to not eat a whole serving size! Just because there's a whole english muffin, no reason not to have 1/2 and save 1/2 for later!
I'd been eating a lot of my kids leftovers. And they leave a lot of leftovers!
I feel pretty good eating healthy foods!
I won't lose 50 pounds in one week. :(
I can do this!
Wed. May 23, 8:09am
What to learn on week 2 of your diet
This is not a diet it's a life change. I've tried dieting many times and you always have it in the back of your head somewhere that it is temporary... which is why we gain the weight back. Take all of your lessons that you are learned on your "diet" this week and make them permanent by declaring that this is a permanent change for a better and healthier life.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 9:28 AM
Weight loss with kids...
I dont have kids, but from baby sitting experience and talking to my own mother I have a few more tips about weight loss and kids:
1) You do NOT have to eat what your kids eat. If they want McDonalds or KD for dinner, have a salad. If the smell drives you nuts rememebr kids burn WAY more calories than adults do because they are usually mnore active and they are growing.
2) You can not blame your kids for being over weight (I liked to blame my boyfriend but now I know its just my lack of willpower when I'm around him).
3) Tell your kids what you are doing and why... younger kids may not understand why but they may also want to follow in your footsteps and become healthier (which is awesome and makes you feel good too for setting a good example) and the older kids (if you have them) may be more supportive than you think. I wish my mom had set a better example for me.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 11:15 PM
What I've on week 1 of my "diet"
That water and excercise is a must. Paying attention to info on packages are important. Log on what I eats and journaling about my weight is very helpful and there are some may tips and things I didn't know about weight loss and when your able to share with others you learn a lot.
Thursday, May 24, 2007, 7:21 AM
Weight Watchers & my own passion to lose this time for my wedding/marriage is my focus. Lots of fiber. Good carbs (fruits & veggies) vs. bad carbs (processed crap). 2 cups of water with every meal & snack. Eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to keep metabolism going. Lost 4 pounds the first week!
Thursday, May 24, 2007, 9:51 PM
A. I love this website
B. There is a lot I do not know
C. There is a lot to learn from other people
D. Eating frequently really works and listening to my body really helps
E. I really like working out so I should do it more regularly (am I am)
F. Working out first thing in the morning keeps me from making excuses later in the day.
G. I need to take motivation wherever I can get it - and ask for it from others when I cannot seem to get it from within.
Monday, May 28, 2007, 11:41 AM
I love your list. Keep adding to it.
Monday, May 28, 2007, 2:26 PM
1. Small changes can make you feel so much better.
2. It takes small changes and baby steps to make the big changes and the leaps.
3. It I put my mind to this I will be able to meet my goal
4. People on this website are incredibly supportive. (Thank you all!)
Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 2:19 AM
1. You have to make sure that you are eating enough! (you would have thought that?)
2. I did not gain this weight in a day, I will not lose it in a day.
3. I am the only one responsible for what I eat.
4. It takes as much time to make excuses about not excercising as it does to actually get out of the house and move!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 9:24 AM
1. There is more to life than eating (pedicures are much more rewarding)
2. If you listen to your body, it will tell you what you really need and when you don't need something anymore.
3. Find a way, not an excuse.
4. Know you are not the only one. Many will be there to lend an ear.
I've learned all this and more...Lost 4 lbs. the first week on PT!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 1:05 PM
1. It's about the long run and the big picture.
2. It's about experimentation and making it your own...not following someone else's great ideas about what you should do.
3. It's about inspiration and support...giving it and getting it.
4. It's about stepping up and trying new things.
5. It's about hitting the reset button when things aren't going well ...
6. It's KNOWING that some days things will not go well and just getting on with it.
I have lost more than 75 pounds over the period of about 3 and a half years. I just found out about PT 4 days ago (that little People Mag article!)....and I am loving it. It's about adding to your arsenal as you go along...I have flesh and blood folks in my life who really help...now I have a great online community.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 9:36 PM
What I've learned in one week of my 'diet'
I have learned that I need to workout even if I don't feel like it. I am always happy afterwards because it gives me natural energy...something I haven't felt in a long time!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 9:42 AM
Thanks I'm adding to my list
H. I should do something special for myself every day (not food or exercise related)
I. I can be really proud of myself and I can share the successes as well as the failures
J. I can make creative healthy meals and really love them
K. Not having "junkfood" is really not that bad :)
L. I like myself better when I make healthy choices
Thank you all for your help and support I've only been on peer trainer for 5 days and I'm only weighing myself once a week so friday will tell the tale, but I tried my wedding dress on today and it looked really good.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 12:58 PM
new year calendar
real printable calendar
calendar printable 2017
blank calendar 2017
2017 free calendar
all calendar 2017
useful calendar 2017
schedule 2017 calendar
2017 schedule calendar
schedule calendar 2017
blank calendar 2017-18
map of usa
map of usa
database sql books
database sql pdf
database sql and nosql
what is data analytics
big data in security
big data articles
hadoop software download
database sql tutorials
data analytics books
big data training in gaziabad
big data training in us
big data courses in goa
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 1:16 AM
How To Lose Weight- The Basics
Weight Watchers Points System
The Fat Smash Diet
The Eat To Live Diet
The Beck Diet Solution
How To Get The Motivation To Lose Weight
How To Be Successful Using PEERtrainer
How To Burn Fat
Online Weight Loss Support- How It Works
Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Tips On Using PEERtrainer
Visit The PEERtrainer Community
Diet and Fitness Resources
Weight Watchers Meetings
Learning To Inspire Others: You Already Are
Writing Down Your Daily Workouts
Spending Money On A Personal Trainer?
How I Became A Marathon Runner
How To Prevent Injuries During Your Workout
Flu Season: Should You Take The Flu Shot?
Are You Really Ready To Start PEERtrainer?
Super Foods That Can Boost Your Energy
Reversing Disease Through Nutrition
New Diet and Fitness Articles:
Weight Watchers Points Plus
How To Adjust Your Body To Exercise
New: Weight Watchers Momentum Program
New: PEERtrainer Blog Archive
Review Of The New Weight Watchers Momentum Program
Weight Loss Motivation by Joshua Wayne:
Why Simple Goal Setting Is Not Enough
How To Delay Short Term Gratification
How To Stay Motivated
How To Exercise With A Busy Schedule
Real World Nutrition and Fitness Questions
Can Weight Lifting Help You Lose Weight?
Are Protein Drinks Safe?
Nutrition As Medicine?
Everyday Weight Loss Tips
How To Eat Healthy At A Party
How To Eat Out And Still Lose Weight
The Three Bite Rule
Tips On How To Stop A Binge
Introducing The PEERtrainer Cheat System
How To Speed Up Weight Loss
How To Get Motivation To Lose Weight
Weight Watchers: The New Science!
3 Myths About Weight Loss With JJ Virgin
Related Article :
New PEERtrainer Articles :
Why Green Tea Helps You Lose Weight
How To Lose A Lot Of Weight, Fast
5 Things You Must Know Before Doing A Cleanse
New: How To Build Muscle
What Is The Best Kind Of Protein Powder?
The Master Cleanse
Will Removing Gluten From Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
How To Obliterate Your Limitations
How To Get The Motivation To Exercise
How To Stop Feeling Tired
Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Super Immunity Diet
The PEERtrainer Diet
Is Portion Control Keeping You Fat?
The Ultimate Guide To Dietary Fiber
P90X? Do Burst Training Instead
Weight Watchers Points Changes For 2012
Can Diet Soda Cause You To GAIN Weight?
©2017 PEERtrainer, Inc.