By Jackie Wicks PEERtrainer Founder
|Amount per serving
||Calories from Fat
Salmon is low in calories and fat and high in protein.
Most importantly Salmon is high in Omega 3 Fats- also known as Essential Fatty Acids. Meaning, you gotta have them!
Is Eating Salmon As Good As Fish Oil Supplementation?
It depends whom you ask this question to. Some studies have shown that DHA and EPA levels can be increased significantly by eating Salmon twice a week. Some doctors insist that you really need a high quality fish oil supplement, in high doses to treat chronic inflammation.
There are some good fish oil supplements which do not taste fishy or have a nasty after effect. You have to really find them, but you should be able to find one for $15 a month.
What Are The Other Health Benefits Of Salmon?
High consumption of Omega 3's are associated with lower cholesterol and lower blood pressure. If you combine a meal of salmon and broccoli a couple times a week, you are giving your body a huge leg up in its battle against all the "fun stuff."
The PEERtrainer Magic Fridge Recipe Guide has a delicious Salmon Scampi recipe. Mouth watering! Link is here:
Salmon calories and nutrition facts:
281 calories in a 1/5 filet, 198 gram serving of Salmon. 5 weight watcher points.
high in omega 3 fatty acids and DHA. A 5oz, half fillet serving of salmon gives you 1.42 grams of DHA.
Wild Salmon is rich in Vitamin D. Why is vitamin D so good for us? Dr. Fuhrman explains in this video
Click Here For PEERtrainer Diet Tips
Weight Loss Motivation 101
If you want to find out your odds of losing weight, take our PEERtrainer Coaching Quiz
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and selenium. It is also a very good source of protein, niacin and vitaminB12 and a good source of phosphorous, magnesium and vitamin B6.
seafood Matching Foods:
last edit by
8/20/2011 11:35:36 AM
Finfish and Shellfish Products
10/21/2008 4:09:30 PM
New: The PEERtrainer Cheat System
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a new, simple to follow system for eating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
It is free, easy to follow, and a little unusual and controversial. Most of all it is working. This link will take you to a blog post where you can learn more and download the 26 page PDF that outlines the system.
Click Here To Read A Blog Post To
Learn About The New PEERtrainer Cheat System
Scroll Our Facebook Page Below For New Recipes:
PEERtrainer Is A Free and Powerful Online System For Weight Loss Support
New Services and Offerings From PEERtrainer:
1) Tip Of The Day Weight Loss Coaching Program-- This is a daily email program that helps to reinforce fundamentals as well as gives you practical tips each day. We are getting GREAT feedback from subscribers.
2) Weight Loss Bootcamp-- This is a free 4 week program where you are taken through some of the fundamentals of how to make changes. The calls and the Tip Of The Day work together and present and reinforce a common information set.
3) Tip Of The Day Blog-- We update this each day with responses to specific questions from our coaching subscribers and customer.
4) New Diet and Weight Loss Content-- We have launched a new diet section that organizes the growing amount of content on the site. When you click in the most important areas are highlighted.
5) PEERtrainer Coaching/Training Intensive This is a new 12 week program that helps you solve the mental blockages that are prevent many from sustainable weight loss. The most interesting thing about the program is what participants are saying and you can click on the link to read them.
Click Here To Learn More and Join!